Asthma and allergies affect one in 5 kids within the United States. The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) exhibited on the 2019 American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) convention to study the newest information in pediatrics and to speak to health care suppliers in regards to the packages and companies we provide.
- Asthma Basics for Children – This program is for health professionals who educate mother and father of younger kids (new child via age 6) to handle bronchial asthma.
- Wee Breathers® – This instructor-led program helps health professionals educate mother and father of younger kids managing bronchial asthma. The full program is obtainable in English, and lesson handouts are additionally obtainable in Spanish.
- You Can Control Asthma – This training program offers kids ages 6 to 12 and their households extra self-confidence, data and expertise wanted to manage bronchial asthma. It comes with booklets for each kids and mother and father.
- Ally & Andy’s Awesome Asthma and Allergy Activity Booklet – This coloring and exercise e-book offers kids and households a fundamental understanding of bronchial asthma and food allergy symptoms. It is a enjoyable manner for kids to study frequent bronchial asthma triggers.
- Managing Your Child’s Food Allergies – This on-line course will provide help to perceive the fundamentals of managing your kid’s newly recognized food allergy whereas maintaining them secure.
Creating a more healthy dwelling is a vital a part of managing bronchial asthma and allergy signs. Indoor air can have a variety of allergens like dust mites, pet dander, cockroaches and mold. Scented merchandise like cleaners, candles and detergents may give off unstable natural compounds (VOCs) which might have an effect on air high quality too. Poor indoor air high quality could make bronchial asthma and allergy symptoms worse. This could cause a toddler to overlook college or carry out poorly.
Air pollution can be dangerous to a toddler’s growing lungs. Studies present that air air pollution can impair lung development, trigger extra respiratory infections and result in bronchial asthma in kids. Our Asthma Capitals™ report additionally discovered that bronchial asthma charges are usually increased in areas with excessive air air pollution. We braveness pediatricians to speak with households throughout wellness checks about air air pollution and methods to cut back kids’s publicity to poor air high quality.
AAFA additionally gives many instruments to assist households handle triggers of their properties. Our asthma & allergy friendly® Certification Program additionally gives a listing of merchandise examined and confirmed to cut back allergens and air air pollution within the dwelling.