If you assume you have got a health situation that might profit from oxygen remedy and you have an interest in getting oxygen at dwelling, speak to your physician about whether or not you meet the standards for oxygen remedy. Ask about how to get an oxygen tank for dwelling use, about dwelling O2 necessities and anything you want to find out about getting oxygen at dwelling.
If you might be questioning, “Do you want a prescription for oxygen?”, the reply is sure. Tlisted below are a number of components for each you and your physician to think about earlier than you'll be able to acquire a prescription for supplemental oxygen. Medicare, Medicaid and business insurance coverage corporations could pay for dwelling oxygen, however there are particular Medicare oxygen necessities, in addition to necessities distinctive to different insurance coverage corporations. Payment for your oxygen provides is predicated on every firm’s distinctive standards for oxygen remedy, which can embody prognosis, laboratory outcomes and different data as summarized under.
The 5 Steps Needed to Qualify for Home Oxygen Therapy
To qualify for home oxygen therapy, think about taking the next 5 steps:
- Talk to your physician about whether or not you have got a qualifying medical situation for getting oxygen at dwelling. This features a lung situation or different situation that impairs your respiration. You could qualify for dwelling oxygen remedy if in case you have signs and/or findings associated to low oxygen ranges similar to pulmonary hypertension or recurring congestive coronary heart failure due to right-sided coronary heart failure.
- Be certain there may be well-documented proof of the qualifying medical situation as talked about above in your medical file. If you're looking into how to get an oxygen tank at dwelling, you will have to fulfill dwelling O2 necessities and show that you simply require remedy for your medical remedy at dwelling.
- Obtain an arterial blood fuel examine. Typically, to qualify for dwelling oxygen remedy, you will need to have both:
- An arterial blood fuel (PaO2) at or under 55 mm Hg or an oxygen saturation at or under 88%, taken at relaxation (awake)
- An PaO2 at or under 55 mm Hg, or an oxygen saturation at or under 88%, taken throughout sleep for a specified period for a affected person who demonstrates a PaO2 at or above 56 mm Hg or an oxygen saturation at or above 89% while awake
- A larger than regular fall in oxygen degree throughout sleep (a drop in PaO2 of greater than 10 mm Hg, or a lower in oxygen saturation of greater than 5%) related to signs or indicators moderately attributable to low blood oxygen ranges
- A PaO2 at or under 55 mm Hg or an oxygen saturation at or under 88%, taken throughout exercise for a affected person who demonstrates a PaO2 at or above 56 mm Hg, or an oxygen saturation at or above 89%, throughout the day whereas at relaxation, with improved outcomes when oxygen is run.
- Obtain a written prescription from a certified health care skilled who has not too long ago examined you (typically inside the final month). The prescription ought to embody a prognosis of the situation requiring the usage of home oxygen, the oxygen circulate price in liters per minute and an estimate of the frequency and period of use (for instance, 3 liters per minute, 50 minutes per hour, 12 hours per day) and period of want (for instance, 6 months or lifetime).
- Make certain your physician completes a Certificate of Medical Necessity and/or different types as required by insurance coverage indicating your prognosis, size of want, oxygen blood fuel degree or pulse oximetry studying and the testing facility from which the readings had been obtained, how the check was taken (room air, at relaxation, throughout exercise or whereas asleep), portability (if wanted), liter circulate prescribed, physician’s signature and date. Make certain you already know your insurance coverage firm’s necessities and, for those who qualify, the medicare oxygen requirements.
Qualifying for Portable Oxygen
If you benefit from the freedom and independence that comes from utilizing oxygen on the go, you might have considered trying to think about a portable oxygen concentrator like one in all the Inogen One models. Inogen merchandise may be lined by insurance coverage corporations, together with Medicare and Medicaid, to assist with funds or rental of our oxygen merchandise. With an Inogen One, Medicare pays for moveable oxygen rental if all the following apply to you:
- You meet the aforementioned daytime arterial blood fuel testing standards
- Your physician gives a prescription saying that you simply require supplemental oxygen and/or have a extreme lung illness
- Your medical documentation signifies that you simply are cell in your house and would profit from the usage of a conveyable system
- Alternative therapies have failed
If the above circumstances apply, you meet the medicare oxygen necessities and should give you the option to lease an Inogen One with Medicare.
With an Inogen One Medicare rental, you'll qualify for getting oxygen at dwelling with a month-to-month rental of oxygen provides. You pays 20% of the Medicare permitted quantity, with the Part B deductible nonetheless making use of. You shall be in a position to lease your oxygen gear for 36 months, after which period your provider should proceed to present oxygen gear and associated provides for a further 24 months, and up to 5 years, so long as you have got a medical want for oxygen. Even with state-of-the-art gear just like the Inogen One, Medicare affords rental protection for getting oxygen at dwelling.
The Inogen One: The Right Choice for Home Oxygen
An Inogen One Medicare rental might help you benefit from the benefits of an revolutionary portable oxygen concentrator at a lowered value. The Inogen One might help you uncover what it's like to take pleasure in improved freedom, mobility and independence, all whereas receiving your oxygen therapies. If you might be involved about how to get an oxygen tank out and in of your house or automobile, a conveyable oxygen concentrator is a good alternative for you. Small, compact and light-weight, Inogen’s moveable oxygen concentrators enable you to get the oxygen you want at dwelling or on the go. If this seems like the proper alternative for you, look into your Medicare oxygen necessities and discover out if you may get an Inogen One Medicare rental as we speak. Contact Inogen to discover out extra.
Frequently Asked Questions: Getting Oxygen At Home
Do you want a prescription for oxygen?
Yes, you do. There is a strict standards for oxygen remedy. Your physician should present proof that they not too long ago examined you, together with an in depth prognosis, rationalization of why you require supplemental oxygen, a prescription for your oxygen use, together with circulate price, period and frequency of use and period of want.
Are there particular Medicare oxygen necessities for an Inogen One Medicare rental?
Medicare’s necessities are the identical, no matter your oxygen supply system. Every Medicare affected person should meet the identical dwelling O2 necessities earlier than receiving approval to lease oxygen gear. Medicare does cowl an Inogen One Medicare rental for those who meet the factors. Contact Inogen for extra data.
How a lot does it value to lease an oxygen concentrator?
Costs can differ considerably relying on what sort of oxygen concentrator you need to lease, what sort of insurance coverage protection you have got and whether or not or not you meet the factors to have your rental lined by insurance coverage. Generally talking, renting an oxygen concentrator can value anyplace from $35 to $225 per week, relying in your particular person insurance coverage protection.
National Coverage Determination (NCD) for Home Use of Oxygen (240.2). CMS.gov. Accessed 8/24/2015.
By Deborah Leader RN, BSN, PHN